More information about BizTalk Server 2016 :
Latest Entries »
- New Microsoft Client for MQ connecting .NET Framework and BizTalk Server applications to IBM MQ message processing systems, providing simplified administration and improved performance.
- Expanded platform support for latest Microsoft operating systems and development tools, plus support for most popular IBM systems versions, permitting the broadest application support lifecycle for upgraded and new solutions.
- Improved installation and configuration assisting IT administrators to efficiently deploy new clients and servers, reducing operating expenses and total cost of ownership.
- New telemetry for improving technologies and tools, by monitoring and reporting connections, operations, and exceptions.
- New Microsoft Client for DRDA connecting .NET Framework and BizTalk Server applications to IBM DB2 and Informix relational database systems, delivering increased functionality, with improved performance and scalability.
Today, the BizTalk Product Group announced the general availability of the BizTalk Server Accelerator for SWIFT – Message Pack 2016.
You may have encountered the error message “Package does not contain compatible branch patch” while installing Microsoft BizTalk Server 2013 R2 CU2.
If yes, than you have installed the Swift Accelerator with Swift Message Pack. The only workaround was to uninstall all the Swift Components, run the CU2 Update and install again the Swift Components.
This was really a nightmare and Microsoft brought finally out the Microsoft BizTalk Server 2013 R2 CU3 🙂
Microsoft BizTalk Server 2013 R2 CU3 : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3158677
Those who thought that BizTalk is dead are completely wrong. Every 2 to 3 years, Microsoft is releasing a fresh new release of BizTalk and Host Integration Server (HIS). Last year at the Integrate Event 2015 in London, the new releases have been announced and now you have the possibility to test out an early preview of both products. HIS (Host Integration Server) is part of BizTalk Server, which are “THE” Microsoft Integration Stack. At this stage, YOU have the possibility to test out the preview and give feedback to the Microsoft Product Team.
BizTalk Server 2016 – What’s new: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt670742
Host Integration Server 2016 – What’s new: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt670807
Some of the great new features :
- Microsoft & Third Party Platform Alignment
- SQL Server Always On Support of BizTalk
- Native .NET IBM MQ Client
- and much more
In addition, there will be a great Integration Event in London this year : http://www.biztalk360.com/integrate-2016/
You may have issues with the IBM MQ Client 7.5 and 8.0 together with BizTalk 2013 / 2013 R2 with Transactional Support set to true. You are getting an MQRC 2072 and you can see a lot of errors / warnings in the Event Log. This is actually a code defect in the 188.8.131.52 / 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11 client.
IBM has worked on fixing this issues : http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=171&uid=swg1IT07469
The issue is finally fixed in the following IBM MQ Clients :
I wish you all a Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for 2016
Write me your wishes for HIS vNext and I will address them to Santa Claus 🙂
This cumulative update package for Microsoft Host Integration Server 2013 contains hotfixes for issues that were fixed after the release of Host Integration Server 2013.
We recommend that you test the hotfixes before you deploy them in a production environment. Because the builds are cumulative, each new fix release contains all the hotfixes and all the security fixes that were included in the previous Host Integration Server 2013 fix release. We recommend that you consider applying the most recent fix release that contains this hotfix.
Important This cumulative update package includes all the component packages. However, the cumulative update package updates only those features that are currently installed on the system.
Download Link : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/3019572
Many Thanks to the Product and Support TEAM ! You’ve done a great job
When IBM released the IBM MQ 8 Client, there was no way to use it with BizTalk because the client was compiled in C++ 2012 and BizTalk 2013/2013 R2 still uses an older C++ Runtime. Officially this is not supported by Microsoft, but it works. Microsoft actually supports only IBM MQ Client 7.1 and 7.5 together with BizTalk Host Integration Server 2013 (MQSC). After some discussions with IBM and after some month, IBM decided to ship with its package also the C++ dlls compiled in 2005 Runtime.
The C++ 2005 Runtime dlls are available in IBM MQ Client 18.104.22.168 : http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg24037500
Hello BizTalk & Integration Fans,
If you are really excited about the Microsoft Integration Stack and of course Microsoft BizTalk Server, you should absolutely attend the BizTalk Summit 2015 !
Registration : http://www.biztalk360.com/Events/BizTalk-Summit-2015-London/